Chia seeds are a powerhouse of antioxidants, fibre and protein. Packed full of minerals and vitamins, the perfect recipe for a healthy start to the day, or afternoon pick me up. Chia pudding can help in weight management, reduce inflammation, improve digestion and detoxify the body, allowing for better nutrient intake. The seeds are high in several nutrients that promote bone health, like calcium and magnesium, and are also packed full of omega 3 fatty acids, helping to decrease the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol.
Makes: 3-4 Portions
- 2 Small ripe bananas
- 2 Cups hazelnut, cashew, almond or coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional as already sweet)
- (1 Tbsp sieved cocoa powder if desired)
- Fresh fruit, fruit compote, peanut butter, nuts, coconut flakes or cocoa nibs to garnish
01. Add the milk, (cocoa powder if desired and stir,) chia seeds, maple syrup and mix until all combine and chia seeds coated in the milk
02. Place in the fridge in one or two air tight containers and leave overnight
03. Mash the ripe bananas until smooth
04. Either place at the bottom of a serving bowl, or mix through the chia pudding
04. Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy
The content provided in our articles is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice and consultation, including professional medical advice and consultation; it is provided with the understanding that YK DAILY is not engaged in the provision or rendering of medical advice or services. The opinions and content included in the articles are the views only and may not be scientifically factual. You understand and agree by reading anything on our website that YK DAILY shall not be liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising out of the use of, or reliance upon any content or information published. All images are from Pinterest, if you know the original creator please let us know, so that we can credit them.