Snack On These Sesame Crusted Avocado Wedges
There's not much not to like about antioxidant-rich avocados. Natural oils gives it its nutty flavour, while a high protein content makes it a satisfying meat substitute. Make these avocado wedges, you won't regret it!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For The Avocado
- 2 Avocado
- Aquafaba from one tin (brine from a tin of chickpeas)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 50g Almond flour
- 75g Sesame seeds
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
For The Dressing
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
01.Set the oven to 190° C (Fan) / 400° F
02. Place baking paper on a baking sheet.
03. Open the chickpea tin. Pour the brine into a small bowl, set aside the chickpeas and use for another recipe - maybe roasted chickpea popcorn or homemade hummus?
04. Add lemon juice to the brine and set aside.
05. Stir together the almond flour, sesame seeds and salt in a second bowl.
06. Cut the two avocados in half, remove the stones and peel. Then slice the avocado into thick wedges.
07. Dip each wedge into the brine mixture and then in the almond flour mixture, turning it to make sure it is entirely coated.
08. Spread out the coated avocado wedges on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden.
09. Stir together the dressing & drizzle or dip the wedges when you are ready the serve.
This is a YK DAILY tried and tasted recipe is from: Green Kitchen Stories