Unlike most food trends, matcha has maintained its cult wellness status, probably because it is so diverse and full of antioxidants. What better way to get your matcha fix then to make these gooey rice crispy squares.
These tempting treats are made from 4 simple ingredients and can come to life in as little as 35 minuets.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Set Time: 30 minutes
-4 TSP COCONUT OIL
-4 1/2 CUPS MINI MARSHMALLOWS
-3 TSP MATCHA POWDER
-6 CUPS PUFFED RICE CEREAL (Rice Krispies or rice pops)
01. Line a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper
02. In a large saucepan, add the coconut oil, then fold in the marshmallows, heat on low to medium. Stir regularly with a spatular so the mixture doesn't burn
03. Sieve the matcha and add to the mixture, whisk well to combine
04. Add the rice cereal and stir until completely covered with the marshmallow and matcha mixture
05. Transfer into your tin. Using a spoon greased with coconut oil, pat down firmly
06. Leave to set, either on the side, in the fridge or in the freezer, if you can't wait a full 30 minutes
-Wash the saucepan immediately so it's easier to clean
-They store well in an airtight container refrigerated
The content provided in our articles is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice and consultation, including professional medical advice and consultation; it is provided with the understanding that YK DAILY is not engaged in the provision or rendering of medical advice or services. The opinions and content included in the articles are the views only and may not be scientifically factual. You understand and agree by reading anything on our website that YK DAILY shall not be liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising out of the use of, or reliance upon any content or information published. All images are from Pinterest, if you know the original creator please let us know, so that we can credit them.