Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They are naturally gluten-free, and have plenty of health benefits that won't bake-off.
They are a fabulous source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In addition they boast high levels of carbohydrates and soluble fibre, these two things combined have the power to help you fill up, and fuel up for longer, forgetting all about that second cup of coffee.
Chances are, you've also seen oats in tons of skincare products, as well as the breakfast menu. Eating the superfood could offer just as many benefits to your skin, if not more, as oats contain anti-inflammatory compounds which help fight the impacts of ageing, including wrinkles! Oats can also help lower blood sugar, aid weight loss, reduce the risk of heart disease and promote a healthy gut.
Try out our gooey baked oats recipe, with peanut butter, dark choccie and blueberries.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Set Time: Either bake straight away, OR for best results make the night before
Cook Time: 20 Mins Approximately
Makes: 2 - 3
-1 CUP ORGANIC ROLLED OATS
-1 CUP MILK OF YOUR CHOICE
-1 SMALL BANANA
-2 LEVEL TBSP MAPLE SYRUP, HONEY OR DATE NECTAR
-1/2 TSP BAKING POWDER
-1 EGG OR FLAX EGG
-DOLLOP OF PEANUT BUTTER FOR EACH
-SQUARE OF DARK CHOCOLATE FOR EACH
-OPTIONAL - 4 BLUEBERRIES FOR EACH
01. Set the oven to 180° Fan / 375° F
02. Prepare your greased (use coconut oil) 8 ounce ramekins or oven safe mugs
03. In a mixer combine the oats, milk, banana, honey or date nectar, baking powder and egg until smooth
04. Pour into your ramekins
05. Add the peanut butter, dark chocolate and blueberries to the centre
06. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. The top should spring back slightly once cooked. If they seem too gooey for you leave them in for another 2 minuets, however, bear in mind that we recommend leaving them to rest for a couple of minutes once out of the oven, as they will keep steaming
07. Let cool slightly before enjoying. Why not top with yoghurt too
Try not to overbake the oats as they become dry
Soak the serving dish immediately so it's easier to clean
The content provided in our articles is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice and consultation, including professional medical advice and consultation; it is provided with the understanding that YK DAILY is not engaged in the provision or rendering of medical advice or services. The opinions and content included in the articles are the views only and may not be scientifically factual. You understand and agree by reading anything on our website that YK DAILY shall not be liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising out of the use of, or reliance upon any content or information published. All images are from Pinterest, if you know the original creator please let us know, so that we can credit them.